The objective of the Municipal Heritage Property Program is to protect and preserve our registered built heritage and prevent unnecessary demolition and substantial alteration to the exterior of designated properties.
The program includes the inventory of many potential heritage properties, registration and plaque unveiling ceremonies of those properties approved for official designation by the Municipal Council.
Other places of interest include:
- pdf Municipal Registered Heritage Property Owner Funding Program (1.23 MB)
- Heritage Places Initiative Digby Registered Properties
- pdf Nova Scotia Heritage Property Act (151 KB)
- pdf Municipal Heritage Property ByLaw (47 KB)
- Local heritage resources for researchers (heritagehub.ca)
- National Standards and Guidelines for Property Conservation
- pdf Insurance Guide for Heritage Properties (8.33 MB)